Skip to Quick Search

Sub navigation

Skip to content

Document Actions
  • Print this page

Applying for Support and Crisis Grants

last modified  09/04/2013 17:00 PM

As some residents may be aware, from April 2013 Tower Hamlets Council have assumed responsibility from Job Centres and the DWP for the administration of crisis and support grants.

Although funds available are very limited and eligibility is restricted, it may be useful for residents who find themselves in a precarious financial position to make an application for help from this funding.

Crisis Grants are designed to help people who have experienced a sudden crisis or who are at risk of one. They can help in the short term with living costs, such as food, heating and accommodation, if you are a victim of crime or suffer another misfortune.

Support Grants provide help for the longer term, enabling people to live independently and safely in the community. They can help if you are leaving care, moving to or from supported housing or if it is unsafe to remain in your current home.

Applications can be made online via the Tower Hamlets website (select Social Fund from the menu on the left) - residents with limited access to the Internet may wish to contact the Council's call centre on 020 7364 5001 who may be able to assist with making an application.