Calling all foodies and growers...
01/02/2012 10:00 AM
Local food delivers a diverse range of social, environmental and economic benefits. What’s more growing your own food is fun, saves money and encourages healthier eating. Find out more at the Women’s Environmental Network food networking event in East London, hosted by EastendHomes and Calder’s Wharf Community Centre.
Where: Calder’s Wharf Community Centre, Saunders Ness Road, Isle of Dogs, E14 3EA
When: February 16th, 10.00am – 3.00pm
Refreshments will be provided. The day will include hands-on workshops based on:
- growing Spring crops
- planning new food growing spaces
As well as:
- The seed exchange
- The Bede Community fruit & veg sale
- A Compost clinic will be on hand to answer all your composting questions – it’s really not that difficult with a few pointers from the experts
- Activities for children of all ages
- Hands-on volunteering, helping a community Grow Your Own
For more information, including a map to the venue, please click here to view a leaflet for the event, or click on the image below to enlarge.
The network gathering is a great way to meet other growers from all around the Borough. For more details http://www.wen.org.uk