You are here: Home TenantsHome contents insurance

Skip to Quick Search

Home contents insurance

Whilst EastendHomes is responsible for insuring the building in which you live, we are not responsible for insuring your personal contents, decoration and belongings (furniture, clothing etc).

We strongly advise that you take out your own personal household insurance. Shop around for quotes before you commit yourself as there can be quite a price difference between companies. If you are elderly you may be able to get cut-price insurance from organisations like Age Concern.

Alternatively, EastendHomes offers a tenants insurance scheme via an insurance company. If you choose to join this scheme the insurance premium would be payable with your rent payments. A reduced premium rate is available for elderly persons for a reduced level of cover. If you would like further information contact your housing centre, or see the leaflet which can be found on our Leaflets page titled 'Home Contents Insurance'.

If you need to make a building insurance claim please contact:
Di Pusey
Customer Service Administrator
Jardine Lloyd Thompson Tenant Risks
Direct Tel: 01628 586152